BELL MX-9 MIPS HELMET
- Made to be a high-performance helmet at a price that’s accessible to every level of rider, Bell’s MX-9 MIPS Helmet is one of the best deals in protective equipment that easily punches above its price range when it comes to features.
- At a basic level, the MX-9 is built on a polycarb and ABS plastic shell that comes in three different sizes and goes a long way towards keeping the MX-9 both affordable and surprisingly light. Bell’s Velocity Flow Ventilation System™ is integrated directly into the helmet’s shell and EPS liner, so your head gets the highest amount of airflow possible. And while that’s working, the Flying Bridge Visor™ leaves you free to adjust exactly how much air comes through the forward intake vents.
- But if you’re working hard and still getting sweaty, the interior comfort liner is anti-bacterial and completely removable when it’s time for a wash. But, the best feature of the MX-9 is the MIPS system. Using a specially engineered low-friction layer that allows for a controlled amount of slip between your head and the compressible EPS liner, MIPS drastically reduces injury occurrence during impacts that happen at oblique angles. That extra safety makes Bell’s MX-9 one of the best performing helmets available regardless of price.
- MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) equipped for increased protection / energy dispersion during rotational impact
- Lightweight Polycarbonate/ABS Shell Construction
- Velocity Flow Ventilation™ system for maximum cooling
- Fully adjustable Flying Bridge Visor™ with air intake vents
- Removable/washable anti-bacterial interior
- Integrated roost guard / visor
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Industry-leading Five-year warranty
- DOT and ECE approved
- 3 shell sizes
-SM: XS and SM Helmets
-MD: MD and LG Helmets
-LG: XL and 2XL Helmets
- For proper fit and size measure the circumference of your head 1″ above your eyebrows and around the largest portion of the back of your head.
21 1/4″ – 21 5/8″——- X-Small
21 5/8″ – 22″———- Small
22 3/8″ – 22 3/4″——- Medium
22 3/4″ – 23 1/4″——- Large
23 3/8″ – 24″———– X-Large
24 1/2″ – 24 3/8″ —— XX-Large
- MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) is a specialized helmet safety technology that is now being used in the top tier of off road helmets in order to greatly lessen the chances of traumatic brain injury.
By integrating an engineered low-friction layer into the liner of the helmet, MIPS enables a relative sliding motion between the head and the helmet so angular and rotational impact forces are absorbed and deflected.
Since most head impacts occur at oblique and unpredictable angles, helmets with MIPS Technology are able to offer better protection than helmets without.
Why customers chose this item:
lightweight, cost-effective, and the Husky colors.
purchased Nov 27, 2017
Quality of brand and price. Color/design is good.
purchased Nov 2, 2017
It’s a safe and comfortable helmet at a great price.
purchased Nov 27, 2017
it’s a Bell, enough said
purchased Oct 29, 2017