6D ATR-1 SONIC HELMET
- With the 6D ATR-1 Sonic Helmet you’re looking at the premier off-road helmet in 6D’s lineup and a super-premium, top of the food chain option for all helmets in general. Big points for the ATR-1 are the tri-composite construction that uses carbon fiber, Kevlar, and fiberglass for a trim 3.5 pound weight, an oval head shape, and some of the most advanced injury mitigation technology currently worked into a helmet.
- The ATR-1 has excellent comfort features as well. The light weight of the helmet alone promotes comfort by reducing fatigue, but the antibacterial CoolMax™ comfort liner also goes a long way by wicking moisture, promoting airflow, and greatly reducing the possibility of pressure points forming against your head.
- An overarching ventilation system is also worked throughout every layer of the helmet, starting with the active intake ports on the chinbar and brow. Air then circulates through the comfort liner, past a large layout of ports in the EPS, and out through the passive exhaust ports in the rear. It’s one of the best free-flowing ventilation schemes available.
- With the ODS™ technology your head will get much better protection from impacts that happen at strange angles and varying speeds. 6D has the numbers to prove this along with DOT and ECE ratings that back up the fact that the ATR-1 is one of the safest off-road helmets you can get.
- As far as safety goes, the ODS™ (Omni-Directional Suspension™) technology is key to the ATR-1, integrating a design that’s made to better protect your head over a wider range of impact angles and impact intensities. It does this by creating a physical suspension system inside of the helmet that consists of 2 independent EPS impact shells that are separated by a 7mm gap. Sandwiched between the two EPS shells in this gap are 27 individual elastic dampers. These dampers bridge the gap between the EPS layers and act like little shock absorbers during heavy and light impacts. So when the helmet hits the ground these dampers stretch, compress, and move to absorb that energy before the EPS foam shells contact each other and begin to deform to your head.
- Shell – A proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, and Kevlar
- Patented ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) Technology
- New pc halo – Improves durability of inner EPS liner and overall performance
- Emergency release cheek pads and shear-away visor screws
- Sternum pad – Provides added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident
- Exceeds ECE, DOT , AU and AC standards.
- Clavicle cut-away – Provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- 3-year limited warranty & Crash replacement / rebuild program
- Fully compatible with all neck bracesComfort
- Weight: +/- 1,590 grams (3.5 pounds)
- Air flow management – 8 intake ports, 13 transfer ports, and 4 aggressive exhaust ports
- Rear delta-vent – Aids heat transfer by scavenging air
- Comfort liner – Genuine CoolMax™ anti-bacterial fabric. Easy removal makes washing and replacement quick
- Roost guard – Effective visor design blocks roost, vents aggressively and mounts securely
- Titanium D-rings and chin strap rivets
- Comes with deluxe 6D Works Helmet Bag
- Integrated traction posts at the eyeport and a shell recess keep goggle strap secure
- Large eyeport opening fits all popular motocross goggles6D’s ODS Technology
- 2 separate EPS liners separated by 27 elastic isolation dampers
- 3-dimensional displacement of the inner liner upon impact
- Uncouples the impact force at the outer shell from the riders head
- Superior performance for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Significantly reduces Linear Accelerations
- Mitigates Angular Acceleration forces to the head and brain
- Increases ‘Time-to-Peak’ values by roughly double (lessens severity)
- Delivers progressive ‘ride-down’ for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Self re-centering alignment when the impact load is removed
- Superior airflow, heat transfer, and sweat evaporation via air-gap between layersSizing
- For proper fit and size measure the circumference of your head 1″ above your eyebrows and around the largest portion of the back of your head.20 7/8″ – 21 1/4″ ——— X-Small
21 5/8″ – 22″ ————- Small
22 1/2″ – 22 3/4″ ——— Medium
22 3/8″ – 23 1/4″ ——— Large
23 5/8″ – 24″ ————- X-Large
24 7/16″ – 24 3/4″ ——– XX-Large
Source:Rocky Mountain ATV MC